Comfort Zone and Eye-opener


Hello to anybody out there, reading this because it's been MONTHS since I last updated my blog. I know, I'm felt sorry for myself too for not keeping the promise to continuously update my life here. damn it, I can't believe I just did "Janji Melayu" coz indeed, I am a Malay!πŸ˜†

So well, who the heck are those kids?

Recently, I joined several programmes to be a facilitator. One of my friends ( ex-classmates) asked me to join it because the school she was teaching held the programme  for their students. Everyone on Earth who knew me well, knew that I dislike children (read: not friendly). But I decided to take on the offer anyway because I know it would be great!


It would be great to go beyond my capability to actually communicates with the kids.

It would be great to meet new people which I actually hate to meeting new person.

Alhamdulillah all praises to Allah, it did turn out great and wonderful. I didn't expect that either.

Since the camp were about enhancing their understanding about solah, how to do it correctly, what not to do when we are performing solah and stuff, the facilitators actually carried the responsibility to preach the exact way of performing it. It was all about Islam, our religion, and we're not supposed to take it lightly, yes?

The challenges were even harder because they were Muslim kids who studied at a Chinese school. The environment and the exposure weren't very helpful and the sources for them to search for the Islamic values and knowledge was quite limited. Majority of the students and teachers are Buddhist of course, so the Muslim students couldn't help but to be affected by the environment there. Thus, giving us the wake up call to really deliver what Islam taught to them.

The situation was totally differ from what I used to be in. I attended sekolah agama ( religious school for muslim) for nearly 7 years. We (read: budak sekolah agama) used to be very protected, some were conservatives and some were not which is meπŸ˜‚. We didn't call out peoples' name from far, boys and girls can't really talk to each other and even you can't simply meet up! We really had high respect to the elders, parents and teachers especially. Hey, I'm not trying to make fun of those things coz I did thought that were silly too at first. But after you know why Islam put such limits, you'll find your heart at peace. Seriously.


 But here in the Chinese school we went to, they yelled their friend's name from far, they talked (or should I say shout) super loud, they didn't listen to what the facilitators asked them to do. Phew, too wild to handle , huh? Yup, totally.

Instead blaming them or their parents or their teachers, it was us who need to reflect ourselves back. How much you learnt about Islam, how much you spread it to others, how we supposed to practice the values and all that matters. The programmes I joined were an eye-opener for me. it really was.

I learnt that:

  • not everyone is like us, who gets good exposure about our own religion
  • how much we earned, there's more to give/serve back to the community
  • we really should work even harder to deliver Islam, even among Muslims 
and many more of course. You know I can't write them out here, you just have to feel it for yourself I must say. Putting yourself in your comfort zone, ain't bringing you nowhere. Trust me.

Plan something ahead, dive yourself in whatever situation lies next, enjoy it, get into troubles, seek for solutions and lastly, make it worth.

If my story inspired you to do, Alhamdulillah. What I did was simply nothing compared to the others out there but maybe after this, you can join any charity work like giving out foods to the refugees or homeless, raise awareness about the endangered wild life or whatnot.

Hey, why not!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2017; CHEESY GAL

Omot's Big Kill

Number 20 and What it Brings Along